Tuesday, November 1, 2011

a reminder



"I do not want to be thin. I want to be strong.
Yesterday, I went on the most incredible 15 mile bike ride along the coast of Kyushu, and I thought, this is why. This is what’s important. I want to feel my heart beating and every negative thought and toxic feeling being flushed out of me; I want to feel the sun on my face and the strength in my arms and the muscles of my thighs carrying me along, working, doing something.
What I didn’t realise, all those years I was criticizing my body, is that I do not want to sit around and look pretty. I want to move. I want to be alive in every sense of the word.
And I am, I am, I am."

a little cliche, but a good reminder.

i don't remember where the picture is from, but i liked her.

No comments:

Post a Comment